Saturday, March 15, 2014

Free Almay Cosmetics and Bag!

I just scored one of the best deals in a long, long time. I'm not a big Walgreens shopper because of mix-ups and wrong ring-ups, but I ventured there today because this deal was too good to pass up. And it was the last day of the sale.

Select Almay cosmetics were on sale buy one, get one 50% when you use your Balance Rewards card. In Walgreens March coupon book, there's a coupon for $2.00/1 Almay product. I grabbed two booklets for two coupons and printed two $5.00/2 Almay cosmetics coupons.

I had to do this in two separate transactions, which my local Walgreens was happy to do. I also had to buy two Reeses ($1.50), otherwise the coupons are valued more than the product and won't go through. Walgreens won't "lessen" the value of the coupon to make it ring up appropriately. Here's what I did:

Transaction 1:

Buy two Almay Shadow Softies Eyeshadows
Regularly $5.49, on sale for BOGO50% off. 
One rang up as $5.49, the other for $2.74.
Use the $5.00/2 coupon and two $2.00/1 coupons (my cashier used the $2.00/1 coupon twice so it went toward each item! I'm not sure if this is correct coupon policy, but I'll take it!)

Buy two Reeses
Regularly $0.89 each, on sale 2/$1.50

Total after coupons: $0.73 [and sweet treats for the ride home :)]


Transaction 2:

Buy two Almay Shadow Softies Eyeshadows
Regularly $5.49, on sale for BOGO50% off. 
One rang up as $5.49, the other for $2.74.
Use the $5.00/2 coupon and two $2.00/1 coupons 

Buy two Reeses
Regularly $0.89 each, on sale 2/$1.50

Total after coupons: $0.73 [and MORE sweet treats for the hubby :)]


Surprise, surprise. After the second transaction, out popped a special Catalina coupon with a special code. By going to AlmaySpringRenewal.com and entering the 8-digit code, I could get a FREE Almay cosmetic bag! My purple, zippered cosmetic bag will be arriving in 8-10 weeks :) You must by three or more Almay products at participating Walgreens. The offer is valid through March 29th!

Walgreens site is down right now, so I can't be sure if the sale is continuing next week, but be sure to check Rite Aid and CVS for similar deals.


TOTAL: $1.43 for four eyeshadows, four Reeses easter "eggs" and a cosmetic bag. That's a 94% savings, not including the value of the bag.

SCORE!


0 comments:

Post a Comment