Thursday, March 27, 2014

My CVS Shopping Trip

So, I had a minor panic attack when I walked into CVS today. Did any of you see these?:


Yeah. Uncool. But don't panic. I spoke with an employee and, thankfully, he said he would honor the price in the flyer. *Phew* Because otherwise I'd have to sit in the aisle and do the math on my phone to figure everything out all over again. I'm not a big fan of these types of wrenches after all my planning! Hopefully your local store will honor the advertised price, too.

They were very accommodating. In fact, I didn't even ask them to honor the price; I just wanted to know if the same product was included in the "new" sale because the tags were all mismatched. I think it made their job easier just to honor the price. 

And after all that, the $5.00 ExtraBucks still printed out... I didn't need to get a handwritten reward. Hmmm... something's a little fishy. Either way, I'll take it!


Just the Basics Paper Towels
On sale for $0.75
Buy one, use $0.75/1 coupon from the Magic Coupon Machine = FREE

Wisk 32 Loads, PowerBlasts 24 ct., Snuggle 40 Loads, All Liquid 28-33 Loads or Mighty Pacs 24 ct.
Buy one, get two free (Limit 6)
Buy one Wisk 32 loads for $8.99
Buy two All Liquid 28-33 Loads for $7.49
Use one $1.50/1 Wisk and $2.00/2 All products = $5.49 for three (or approx. 1.83 each)
UPDATE! I checked out Checkout51 (no pun intended) and there's a $1.00 off any All Laundry Detergent. So that makes these $1.50 each!

Clear Scalp and Hair Therapy 12.7-12.9oz., TRESemme Premium 25 oz or Dove Advanced Hair Care
On sale 2/$10.00; Spend $15, get $5.00 ExtraBucks (Limit 1)
Buy one Clean and Clear shampoo or conditioner for $5.00
Buy one TRESemme Premium 25 oz. for $5.00
Buy one Dove Advanced Care for $5.00
Use one $2.50/1 Clean and Clear shampoo/conditioner coupon, one $2.00/1 off one TRESemme shampoo/conditioner coupon, one $2.00/1 Dove Advanced Hair Care coupon and one CVS coupon: $4.00/2 Dove Advanced, TRESemme or Clear Care Hair products = $4.50, get $5.00 ExtraBucks (a.k.a. a $0.50 moneymaker!)

TOTAL: $9.99 - I paid with $10.00 in ExtraBucks from my previous trip and still had one ExtraBuck left over from that same trip. Plus, I got $5.00 ExtraBucks back! I walked out of the store with three bags and never had to open my wallet. (Well, except to have her scan my ExtraCare Rewards Card.) Happy day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment