Tuesday, March 25, 2014

CVS Coupon Policy News!

You may have ready my "notes" on various stores in the New Hampshire area, and  I do my best to keep these "rules" as up to date as possible.

One rule is: ExtraBucks DO expire two weeks from the date they are issued. 

However, after speaking with a store employee at my local CVS store (Epping, NH, in case you were wondering), I was told that CVS honors expired ExtraBucks Rewards regardless of the expiration date listed. 

"Hold on to these, she told me as my ExtraBucks printed; they never expire."

"What do you mean?" I responded.

"They never expire."

"But there's an expiration date on each reward that prints."

"Yes, but we accept them regardless. They used to have no expiration date listed when we first started the program. But when they added an expiration date, we were told we could accept them even after they've expired."

I'm pretty sure this couponer freaked her out when I joyously skipped out the store. "Thank you!"

She also informed me that they will honor CVS coupons from the Magic Coupon Machine up to two weeks after the listed expiration date. They do NOT accept expired manufacturers' coupons. This could be a CVS Management decision - check with your store before banking on this rule at the checkout counter. But if your store's policy is the same, well, we just hit the jackpot! I can't tell you how many moneymakers i could have had if the ExtraCare Coupons and ExtraBucks Rewards hadn't expired while in my wallet.

This is not listed in the official CVS Coupon Policy, so check with your local store's management team. Here's hoping this sweet employee wasn't mistaken!


Another note on how I list coupons/sale:

Many coupon sites say to use "four" of one said coupon. But if you're like me, you only purchase one Sunday paper. So that's how I approach each post: based on the coupons available to me. Now, if there are online coupons, I may say to use "four" of one said coupon because you can print those coupons twice per computer. So long as you have access to more than one computer, you'll be set.

0 comments:

Post a Comment