Sunday, April 7, 2013

Avon Walk for Breast Cancer

Dear friends and fellow couponers,

Four and a half years ago my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and our world turned upside down. It was surreal. She's healthy, a strong woman of faith and my best friend. It seemed impossible for someone so healthy, both physically and spiritually, to be diagnosed with such a devastating disease. 

But she was. And she was forced to fight.

After treatment and surgery, I am happy to report that my mom is now cancer free. I am so thankful that God blessed us with healing, but our fight didn't stop the day cancer was eradicated from her body. Our fight began the day of her diagnosis and it won’t end until we find a cure – for every woman past, present and future who will stare breast cancer in the face.

For the fourth year, my mom and I will be walking 39.3 miles in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer May 18th and 19th.The first year, my mom was still recovering from treatments and the finish line met us with mixed emotions. The years that followed were preceded by good prognosis reports and a bright future, making each year a little sweeter than the last.

Although my mom and I are the ones who walk the route, there are dozens of people walking in spirit with us as they support our efforts year after year. For that, I thank you. We couldn't do it without those who support us financially and prayerfully along the way.

Breast cancer does not discriminate. We are all candidates, and one in every eight women will hear the words, "It's cancer." Would you help me fight it? If you donate today, your gift will go towards research, treatment options and to the underinsured women who cannot afford routine  mammograms. We're not just working toward a cure, you're financial support goes to work right away. $25 provides test tubes and supplies for breast cancer research laboratories. $35 pays for a home-delivered meal for a patient undergoing chemotherapy or radiation treatment. And just $150 gives an uninsured woman a mammogram - which could save her life.

Thank you in advance for your support. You are such a blessing and are making a tremendous difference.

Walking for a cure,

Samantha

avonwalk.org/goto/arroyo13

0 comments:

Post a Comment