Monday, April 1, 2013

CVS Amazingness!

This is a good week at good 'ol CVS. And I love the fact that there's one just 10 minutes away from our new home. 

When I went in today, I had in my pocket $12.50 in ExtraBucks rewards. That's key to all the deals I'm about to share with you. To learn more about ExtraBucks, go here. To make the most of your ExtraBucks Rewards, spend them on products that will earn you more ExtraBucks. For example, let's say I have $10 in ExtraBucks and purchase $10 in toothpaste. If I spend $10 in toothpaste, I'll get $3 ExtraBucks back. So, I get to the register, they ring up my toothpaste, and the total is $10. I pay with the $10 ExtraBucks that I had from a previous trip and get $3 ExtraBucks back. Free toothpaste, plus money to spend later!

Now (pushing my side story... aside) let's get back to the CVS deals this week. I walked into the store with $12.50 ExtraBucks and my CVS reward card. If you don't have one, get one. :) I then when to the magic coupon machine and scanned my card and out popped a few coupons:

$2 off any $10 pain medicine purchase
$2 off any $5 feminine hygiene or sanitary product purchase
$5 off any $25 cosmetic purchase (saving this for my next shopping trip!)
$3 off any $9 purchase of tampons, pads or liners
$2 off any vitamin purchase of $8 or more
$4.99 off a Clear shampoo

It's important to note that these store coupons are good on the value of the product before coupons. So, I can buy $8 in vitamins, use the $2 off $8 vitamin purchase PLUS newspaper coupons for additional savings.

Then I went shopping. I bought:
  • 1 Clear Shampoo (Regularly $6.99, on sale for $4.99)
  • 5 Suave Body Washes (Regularly $2.77, on sale for $2.00. Get $3 ExtraBucks when you spend $10 on Suave Body Washes)
  • 4 Dawn Soaps (Regularly $1.77, on sale for $0.99)
  • 1 CVS Ibuprofen 50 ct. ($4.49)
  • 1 CVS Asprin 300 ct. ($6.49) - medicine wasn't on sale, but hubby just had surgery, so we needed to stock up!
  • 1 Crest Toothpaste (Regularly $4.99, on sale for $3.49. Get $1 ExtraBuck when you buy one Crest)
When I got to the counter, they scanned my CVS card and the sale prices were immediately reflected. Then I handed over my coupons.

I used:
  • The $4.99/1 CVS coupon from the magic coupon machine making the Clear Shampoo FREE. 
  • Two $1.00/2 coupons for the Suave Body Washes.
  • A $1.00/2 Dawn Hand Renewal soaps, $0.50/1 Dawn and $0.20/1 Dawn coupons for each of the Dawn soaps.
  • The CVS coupon for $2 off an $8 purchase of pain medicine.
  • A $1.00/1 Crest toothpaste coupon
  • And last, but certainly not least, $12.50 ExtraBucks

Grand total: $9.03 for $43.89 in product. PLUS, I got $4.00 ExtraBucks Rewards to spend on my next shopping trip! 

This is how ExtraBucks, and similar reward programs, can be so valuable.

Then I got home, and used my ibotta app to scan my store receipt. I earned $0.75 on the Clear Shampoo making this product a money maker this week!

Happy shopping!
        

0 comments:

Post a Comment