Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Market Basket & Stop and Shop

The whole kit 'n caboodle.
That's a whole lot of groceries, right? My arms sure think so - lots of trips back and forth to the car to haul it all in. I got the basics like OJ and water, but I also scored some great deals. Here are the highlights:

Below, you'll see everything I got at Stop and Shop today. I got two V8 Fusion Bottles that were originally $3.49 each, but on sale for $2.50.  I used a $0.50/2 coupon which doubled to $1.00, making them only $2.00 each! Welch's Light Grape Juice was originally $2.99, on sale for $2.50. With a $0.75/1 coupon that I printed online that doubled to $1.50, it was only $1.00. I also snagged Campbell's Skillet
(I haven't tried it before, but at this price, I couldn't resist!). It is usually $2.59 per bag, but was on sale for $2.00. With a $0.75 printable coupon, it was only $0.50! Slam dunk. 
Stop & Shop Scores

Can't forget my cat, Chloe (see her in the back eye-balling the food?). Purina Cat Chow, usually $5.49, was on sale for $4.50. I had a rare $0.99/1 coupon which doubled to $1.98 making it only $2.52! And last but not least, Lysol Wipes. Not an outrageous deal, but a good one nonetheless. Typically $3.15, on sale for $2.00 each. With a $0.50/2, which doubles to $1.00, they were only $1.50 each. 

The damage? $24.35. But I only paid $11.02!

Next: Market Basket.

It's tough to get a total break down because Market Basket doesn't list the regular price on the receipt like Shaws and Stop and Shop do. But here goes. Healthy Choice Soup was on sale for $1.00 a can. I believe they are at least $2.00 or more on any given week. I bought six cans and used two $1.00/3 coupons making them 6/$4 or $0.66 each. Next, I grabbed chips for Eric. They were on sale for $2.00 a bag and the said "Save $4.98!" Wow. Those are pricey chips. They must be good, right? I grabbed two. No coupon, but still a great deal. Country Kitchen is on sale this week for $2.00 each. I printed a $1.00/2 coupon from the Country Kitchen website, which made these two loaves only $1.50 each. Freeze one, use the other!
Market Basket Deals + Free Bowling!

Ken's 9 oz. salad dressings are also on sale for $0.99 each. They are typically $1.99, I believe. With a $1.00/2 coupon from the Sunday Paper, you get two for $0.98! It's like stealing... ;)

I had to get Hellmann's Mayo for Eric, which was $3.99 a tub. But it came with free dip! Plus, Market Basket had coupons hanging: Buy any Hellmann's and get $1.00 of chicken. I grabbed drumsticks which are on sale for $0.99/lb. and paid only $0.90 for the whole pack. Baby carrots are on sale for $0.99 each, FYI (hence, their appearance in the photo.) Reynold's Pan Liner is on sale for $2.50 this week. A $1.00/1 coupon makes 30 sq. ft. only $1.50. And lastly, Musselmann Apple Sauce is two for $4.00 at Market Basket ($2.79 at Stop and Shop, so I'm glad I didn't buy them there!) I bought two, used a $0.75/2 coupon and paid only $3.25 for both. But get this - I also got two free games of bowling! (See the package and the ad in the paper this past week.) Date night this week, for sure!

Out of pocket, I only paid $22.61. Success! How did you score this week?

0 comments:

Post a Comment