Saturday, November 10, 2012

surf.

Happy day at Market Basket yesterday! Two bottles of 100 fl. oz. laundry detergent and two Sylvania Super Saver (aka. energy-saving) light bulbs for only $2.97!

Here's how I did it:

I printed two coupons for $1.00/1 Sylvania CFL or Super Saver light bulbs here. At Market Basket they had a Manager's Special on Sylvania Super Saver 100 watt light bulbs. The deal? $0.99 each (regularly $1.99)! With my two $1.00/1 coupons, they were free. And I lucked out too... Market Basket didn't adjust the price of the coupon down to $0.99, so I actually made a penny off each light bulb.

The Surf detergent was actually not on sale. I had a rain check for the 100 oz bottle at the sale price of $3.99. But when I got there, I realized that was the regular price. I used a $1.00/1 coupon from the Sunday paper and a Buy One, Get One Free coupon as well, bringing my total for both bottles to $2.99!

Note: I lucked out on this, too. Market Basket doesn't have a formal coupon policy. I wasn't sure if they'd take both coupons since the Buy One Get One Free coupon technically applies to two items. But they rang it up and it worked!

That bring my total to $2.97 for all four items (regularly $11.96). That's a savings of $8.99.

Market Basket's new circular starts tomorrow--so go snag these deals today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment